Thursday, September 10, 2015

Summertime Edition of "While They Were Sleeping"

This summer I was on the go with three kids pretty much on a constant basis. You'd think I wouldn't have had a chance to get anything "extra" done.  I did, however, implement a rest time every afternoon.  This allowed for some sewing time!  I knocked out several projects that had been on my mental to-do list for a while so it felt great to get them done.  I kept on sewing, thinking that this fall I could really hit it hard.  Ironically, since school started I haven't even touched the sewing machine!  A flood of other projects, school commitments, and an altogether different routine hasn't left much room for the "extra."  Here's to hoping I don't have to wait until next summer to sew again.  What I managed to squeeze in over the summer:
A superhero cape for a friend...and my first ever applique!
One shopping trip for fabric brought out that I had never made anything for Cooper! So I made him a set of pillowcases from fabric that he picked out.
Of course, once I realized how EASY pillowcases are, I couldn't stop!  One for each girl came next. (Aren't my models cute??)
Baby blanket!  My cousin welcomed a baby boy this summer and I was so thrilled to have a baby to sew for. (I also threw together some burp cloths, but forgot to take a picture.)
And another blanket for a friend's baby that will be here soon.
Girls!  Seems all the sewing ends up being for them!  Penny LOVES it when her and Ellie match, so how could I resist TWO dresses from only one yard of fabric?

No comments: